Relationship Problems: How to Have a Healthy Fight
What matters most is the way you and your husband work through marriage conflicts. Believe it or not, having healthy conflicts can help you work through relationship problems and is actually good for your marriage!
Here is some relationship advice on how to fight fair:
- Don't Bring in Third Parties: unless, of course, they're relevant to the argument. Do you really want to bring your mother-in-law into this fight anyway?
- No Name Calling: You're grown-ups. Act like it.
- It's Not All About You: Your husband may be stressed at work or is just having a bad day. He might be picking a fight just because he's feeling down.
- Don't Let Little Issues Build Up: Talk about relationship issues as they arise. Or otherwise, you'll have serious relationship problems.
- Tackle One Issue At a Time: Don't start bringing up relationship problems that you've had in the past. Stick to the topic at hand.
- Don't Bring Up Old Fights: Let go of the past and deal with your relationship problems in the present.
- Accept Differences: Sometimes you've just got to agree to disagree and let the subject drop. It's not about winning the argument. It's about working through relationship issues, right?
- Forgive: The most important thing is that you acknowledge that you're committed to the relationship—despite its problems. Let your husband know that you love him and accept him—despite all of his faults!