Relationship Problems: Fighting Fatigue
Here is some relationship advice on how to cope with fatigue in a relationship:
- Don't bring up any sensitive or hot-button relationship questions when you're tired! No good will come of it. Wait until you've gotten some rest—even if you don't know when that will be!
- Give each other a break. Take turns waking up in the middle of the night so at least one of you can get some rest and you're not both stressed out and exhausted!
- Hire a babysitter or get friends or family members to watch the kids so you have some time to catch up on sleep—and maybe even spend some quality time together.
- We know there's a lot to be done around the house, but put housework aside and sleep when the baby sleeps or your toddler naps.
- You may think you're too tired to exercise, but, in fact, exercise helps to give you more energy. Even if you can't get out of the house, you can always crank up the stereo and have an impromptu dance party. It will help relieve stress too!
- Try to keep perspective. Soon enough, your kids will be sleeping through the night—and so will you! Meanwhile, try to maintain a bond with your husband so you don't lose touch with each other during this sleep-deprived stretch.