Relationship Tips: Vacation without the Kids
Relationship Advice: A vacation alone is anything but selfish. If you can afford a vacation and can arrange both time off and good child care, there's no reason not to take a vacation without the kids—and every reason to get away for few days or a week.
Here are our relationship tips (and reasons why you should get away as a couple!):
- We often get so caught up in our children and their pursuits that we forget about our partner — and the marriage suffers. It's important to have regular time together before you have relationship questions and problems.
- In this age of hyper-parenting many parents stop thinking about their marital bond and immerse themselves 100 percent in their children's pursuits and happiness. Being overly involved in children's lives does the children a disservice, and the pressures of parenting 365 days a year can create all manner of friction and unhappiness in a marriage.
- Getting away without the kids will give you time to yourselves and time to remember what your relationship was like before you had kids.
- Let's face it—without the kids around, it will be a lot easier for you to rekindle the flame and get romantic!
- You're not selfish at all. Wanting to spend time with your wife is a lovely sentiment—one we're sure she'll appreciate! And maybe once you return home, your kids will appreciate you both more too!