Best Aromatherapy Scents to Spice Up the Bedroom
Aromatherapy has been used for thousands of years as an aphrodisiac. Legend has it that Cleopatra used a unique mixture of rose, cinnamon and cardamom to seduce her beloved Mark Anthony. And hey, even if you don't totally buy into it, it doesn't hurt to smell divine.
So how do you use aromatherapy? You can dab a little of the essential oil behind your ears like perfume, rub your man down with it, light a scented candle or use an aromatherapy infuser to douse the air. Here are the top 10 aromatherapy scents believed to spice up the bedroom:
- Basil: It doesn't just make pasta sauce tasty, basil is reportedly also one of the top aphrodisiac smells. It's believed to reignite sexual desiresomething most (OK, pretty much all) parents need!
- Sandalwood: This sexy smell can reportedly make one shed their sexual inhibitions. So if you're looking to spice up the bedroom and get your partner to try something out of the box, this is the scent for you!
- Jasmine: This sweet scent is supposed to boost your libido and sexual desire. The word on the street is to avoid it during pregnancy, so if you're preggers, talk to your OB before dousing yourself in jasmine oil!
- Lavender: Aromatherapists claim lavender's scent is calming and relaxing. And it supposedly triggers mens' sexual desires. This is another one the experts say to avoid when you're preggers.
- Ylang Ylang: If you're really looking to spice up the bedroom, try the scent of ylang ylang. It's supposed to increase libido, sexual attraction and eroticism. Yep, it's like the porn star of the aromatherapy world.
- Cedarwood: This fragrance is supposed to raise lovemaking to a spiritual level. Dab a little behind your ears and it'll be totally appropriate when you shout, "Oh God!"
- Rose: Associated with sexual healing, rose is a seductive smell. No duh! We could have told you that one. If anything'll help a guy get lucky, it's a dozen roses!
- Patchouli: Not just the chosen scents of hippies everywhere, patchouli oil is very sensual and reportedly increases libido and decreases sexual hang-ups. (So that's why all those Dead Heads wear it!)
- Ginger: The smell of ginger supposedly improves libido and heats things up in the bedroom.
- Cinnamon: This spice isn't just a garnish for bland ol' oatmeal. It's also known to stimulate the (ahem) senses. In fact, in a study done on how guys react to smell, the scent that stimulated the most blood to flow to the pee-pee was a cinnamon roll! Now that'll make a dough boy blush!