If you're looking to spice up the bedroom and use that old bed for something more than passing out at the end of a busy day, there are certain sure-fire romance killers you shouldn't
keep in your bedroom.
Here's our list of top 8 items NOT to have in the bedroom:
- A baby. We're all for co-sleeping, but let's be honest, there's nothing like a crying (or prying) baby to quell your lustful feelings.
- The TV. Experts are unanimous on this one. Having the TV in your bedroom is correlated with lower sexual activity. So if you want to spice up the bedroom, ditch the telly!
- Your laptop. Like the television, computers are sexual kryptonite. Unless, of course, you use 'em to watch racy movies with your partner.
- Photos of your parents, in-laws or kids. There's nothing like trying to get it on with your man with his mother staring down at you. Ditto for pics of the kids. It's virtually impossible to get kinky with your sweet toddler's face inches away from you. And there's plenty of wall space for those gorgeous grins in every other room of the house!
- Smelly laundry. You may love the way your man smells, but that doesn't mean you get turned on by the stench of his socks. Keep stinky laundry in the laundry room or bathroom (hey, it already stinks in there!).
- Dirty dishes. Sure, it's nice to snuggle up and have breakfast in bed, but clear the dishes when you're finished. Days-old, egg-yolk-crusted plates are not romantic.
- Pacis, sippy cups, lovies. And any other reminders of the kids. Not only is rolling over on a Lego uncomfortable, having sex with Teddy as witness can be a little weird.
- Piles of bills. Bills cause stress. And stress kills libido. So if you want to keep your sex drive in overdrive (or just, er, drive) keep the bills out of the boudoir.