Organizing Your Home: 6 Toy Storage Ideas
With the right toy storage options, not only can you make cleanup time a snap, you can also teach your kid some independence skills by making it easier for her to clean up after herself. Organizing your home suddenly will seem a whole lot easier with these great toy-storage options:
- A collapsible, colorful laundry basket for sports gear, such as bats, balls, protective pads, and skateboards.
- Rolling bins are great for holding building items like blocks and trucks. You can wheel the bins to and from construction sites.
- Metal lunchboxes are perfect for keeping pencils, crayons, jewelry, rock collections—any small pieces that you may trip on! Best of all, they're portable.
- Plastic boxes with colorful lids for smaller items that you can organize by theme (red for cars; green for plastic farm animals; purple for things that your kid insists on putting in her mouth, etc).
- Organizing your home is easy with stackable plastic bins. They fit almost anywhere in a playroom or bedroom and allow you to expand you kid's growing toy collections. Store larger accessories, and label accordingly to keep them organized.
- Low-rise book shelves in which to house all these boxes and bins, making them easily accessible to your kid, to both take out, and put away (the important part!).