Like most families, the centerpiece of your home is probably the kitchen. So not surprisingly, it's also probably the place with the most clutter. When organizing your home, you might want to start with your kitchen since you spend so much time there! Here are some organizing tips for your kitchen:
- Whenever possible, label containers so they are easier to identify. If you've ever confused salt for sugar, you'll thank us for this one.
- Install shelf organizers—and maybe even a Lazy Susan. There are all sorts of kitchen organizers on the market.
- Clear the counter: It's so easy to pile mail, magazines and even laundry on top of the kitchen counter. There's barely any space for actual kitchen utensils! Try to clear the clutter (trash it or find a place for it elsewhere) and store knives, utensils and cookbooks in cabinets, drawers or book shelves.
- Organize the drawers: Next time you're looking for the cheese knife, you shouldn't have to wade through old mail and match books to find it. Get a drawer or kitchen organizer so you can find stuff when you need it!
- Take advantage of wall space: Instead of piling clutter on the counter, consider hanging aprons, dish towels and pot holders on wall pegs.
- Store like items together. There's no reason for the whisk to be in the same drawer as the steak knives! The same goes for food items. Keep all the snack stuff in one cabinet and the dinner essentials in another.
Organizing your home will seem a lot less daunting once your kitchen is looking nice and orderly. Even better, you'll actually have some counter space for cooking!