When organizing your home, the bathroom can be a tough room to tackle—messy medicine cabinets, wet towels, dirty clothes, toothbrushes galore. ... But a tidy bathroom can go a long way to making your whole home feel organized. So here are some organizing tips for organizing your home bathroom:
- Store like items together. In other words, don't keep your makeup with diaper ointment!
- Install a wall-mounted shower dispenser for soap, shampoo and conditioner. Then you can buy those giant wholesale bottles and actually be able to use them efficiently!
- Use a towel rack that clips to the bathroom door to save space. Consider hanging individual hooks for each family member to keep wet towels off the floor. Labeling the hooks will even help you determine who's the worst culprit!
- Take advantage of the space over the toilet by adding a stacked cabinet or shelves. It's a great place to store items you use daily—and yet never seem to be able to find!
- Clear out drawers and the medicine cabinet. Get rid of the shampoo you bought but never used and the aspirin that expired five years ago! If you haven't used something in a year, get rid of it (that means those hotel shampoo samples, too!).
- Use a drawer organizer (maybe even a silverware tray!) to organize makeup and other small toiletries. Alternately, pick up some small, clear, zippered cosmetic pouches at the dollar store and separate items into them.
- Consider wall-mounting your hair dryer and curling iron.
- Store hair supplies like gels, conditioners, and sprays in a tub under the kitchen sink.
- Hang a shoe holder over the back of the bathroom door. It's a great place to store deodorant, toothbrushes, hair brushes and other bathroom supplies.
- Keep only the essentials in the bathroom. In other words, store your flip-flops elsewhere!
Organizing your home will seem a lot less overwhelming once the bathroom is done. Hopefully, you'll be so pleased with how neat it looks that you'll be inspired to organize the rest of your home!