Organizing Your Home After Baby
You just had a baby and suddenly, there is so much gear around your home. Organizing your home after baby is possible with these tips:
- First of all, take a deep breath! You just had a baby, so cut yourself some slack. It's great that you want to organize your home, but you don't need to do it right this minute. Besides, not only is it impossible to organize everything at once, it's not even a good idea!
- Design a new system for organizing your home. Integrating the belongings of a whole new person into your home takes a lot of brainwork— thinking, strategizing, sorting and, of course, purging.
- Even if you're in a small apartment, try to set aside one area that's dedicated to baby stuff. Organizing your home is impossible if you've got pacifiers, diapers and stuffed animals all over the place!
- Don't go crazy with baby gear! Encourage friends and family to buy gifts off a registry—ideally, things you really need. It's hard to organize your home when you've got a wipe warmer, a lotion warmer and other nonessential baby gear!
- Tackle just one room of your home at a time. Complete it before moving on to the next room. You might want to choose the one room (office, bedroom or kitchen) that is driving you the craziest, and focus on doing that room in one month.