Organizing your home can be a daunting task—especially if your family isn't willing to help out! Here are some tips to get started organizing your home:
- Make a family activity out of organizing your home. Set aside one weekend morning to set up a system for home organizing—then go do something fun to celebrate your success!
- Buy some good toy storage and label everything so your kids know where to put the Legos when they're done playing.
- Don't tackle your home all at once. Devote a day to each room. That way, you won't be as overwhelmed by the task of organizing your home.
- Start in a small space that you all spend a lot of time in—for example, the bathroom or front hall. You can complete the project in a couple of hours but feel a significant difference in your home every day.
- Don't start in space like a garage or attic that you never go into, because you won't notice the improvement. Choose an area that is heavily trafficked so it's a constant inspiration of the power of getting organized every time you walk by.
- You'll be surprised that once you've got a system in place for organizing your home, it will be a lot easier to get rid of clutter. Just keep repeating: a place for everything and everything in its place! And hopefully your hubby and kids will get the message.