Home Decor: 5 Easy Toy Room Decorating Ideas
- Grab a paintbrush, some eco-friendly paint and some blue painter's tape. Then, go bold by adding colorful stripes or some bright geometric shapes in complementary colors—orange star, green clover, blue diamond ... get creative!
- Add a few funky accessories like a shag rug, colorful play mat or a fun lamp. You can find them for super cheap at discount home decor stores like Marshalls or Target.
- Take some of those zillion photos you have, blow them up at your local office store and frame them in colorful, inexpensive frames. A shot of an early grin or a silly food-face photo makes adorable toy room decor.
- Create a brand new look by covering old furniture with new fabric or kid-friendly slipcovers that are machine washable and able to withstand everything from crayon to cherry Kool-Aid (okay, nothing can withstand cherry Kool-Aid).
- Turn your kids' works of art into instant toy room decor using dynamic artwork frames or removable frame decals. Who says the good stuff has to get relegated to the refrigerator door?
(And you thought only Access Hollywood kids had play areas like this!)
Ask your kids to brainstorm toy room ideas, too! If they're gonna spend a lot of time in there, they better like it!