Home Decor: 5 Decorating Ideas for Kids
Look for these easy-to-find, easy-to-change items during your hunt for new kids' bedroom decor:
- Poster Frames: Dress up her bare walls with framed posters! It's a simple, cheap way to jazz up her bedroom decor—and they're super easy to swap out. Plus, you'll be surprised at how chic Justin Beiber can look beneath a black frame.
- Reversible Comforters: If your kid's Barneycomforter is bringin' him down, pick up a brand new, budget-friendly comforter. Reversible styles will let him change his bed's color scheme through his various "phases"—just wait 'til his teen years. You'll see.
- Cool String-lights: Your kid will love the vibe a few sets of cool string-lights can give his bedroom. Whether you stick to traditional holiday lights or opt for something groovier, we guarantee they'll make it all the way to college—'cause what's a dorm room without string-lights?
- Shelving: Placing high shelves around your kid's room is a fab way to display all of his favorite keepsakes—from trophies to favorite books to his stinkiest, most beloved cap.
- Funky Area Rugs: You know how home decor magazines always say area rugs can define a space? The same holds true for your kid's bedroom! A shaggy rug and a few throw pillows can transform a corner from clutter collector to chill zone. Plus, it'll make an ultra comfy place to hit the books!
Decorating kids' rooms doesn't have to be a battle of wills. Some guidance and simple, interchangeable decor will let him change his bedroom as often as he changes his mind. Not to mention, save your wallet!