Home Decor: Space-Saving Furniture and Stylish Storage
Whether you're looking to buy furniture for a small space or just a place to put the mountain of junk that has accumulated in your family room, we've got a few ideas:
- Ottomans: Ottomans with storage compartments work double duty—they provide a place to hide blankets, toys, magazines—whatever—and a comfy place to rest achin' feet!
- Chalkboard wall decals: Chalkboard wall decals are an ingenious way to jot down notes and to-do's without cluttering up the fridge with post-its. (They're more environmentally friendly, too!)
- Wicker baskets: Wicker baskets look chic when they're strategically placed in rooms and are super handy for last minute cleaning sessions. Toss toys, clothes or blankets in 'em to keep Mount Stuff under control.
- Bookshelves: Here's a novel idea: don't just store books on your bookshelves! Position family photos, knickknacks and other home decor on your regular ol' bookshelf for a modern yet homey feel. Plus, it'll keep your coffee table and side tables clear.
- Storage trunks: Using a wooden storage trunk as a coffee table can give your living room an awesome vintagey vibe. And trunks can store just about anything—from blankets to paperwork to that pile of adorable baby clothes you just can't seem to part with!
Need more inspiration? Thumb through home decor magazines for inspiration, hit your local furniture stores and do a victory dance when you finally conquer all the clutter.