Kitchen Tips for New Moms
- Keep a good stock of finger foods in your home like carrots, pretzels, nuts and string cheese. You need to keep energized and you aren't likely to be turning out four-course meals to fuel up.
- An easy kitchen tip is to keep your home stocked with essentials like milk and eggs. If you have the basics, you should be able to whip something up for dinner. (Omelets anyone?!)
- Remember, there's a baby in your home now so it's a good idea to streamline your small appliances, pantry staples, and pots and pans, and arrange them for easy access and replacement. Face it, that fabulous paella pan you got as a wedding gift is not exactly in heavy rotation these days (was it ever?). Get your mom, sister or a friend to help sort out the ones you're really going to use.
- Here's a great time-saving kitchen tip: Spend a few extra bucks and sign up with a local store grocery delivery service. Stores like Vons or Safeway, let you shop for groceries online and have them delivered directly to your home.
- And finally, a kitchen tip for moms that takes some of the pressure off: Indulge in takeout, delivery and frozen dinners once in a while. Just watch your choices (e.g., grilled not fried) and don't make it too much of a habit ($$$).
Follow these simple tips and you'll be cooking (and eating) as well with one hand as you did with two!