10 Ways to Love Your Body
So to get you to be a better body worshipper (of your body), here are 10 ways to love your body, courtesy of the National Eating Disorders Association, of which I am a member:
- Become aware of what your body can do each day. Remember, it is the instrument of your life, not just an ornament.
- Don't let your weight or shape keep you from activities you enjoy.
- Wear comfortable clothes that you like and feel good to your body.
- Count your blessings, not your blemishes.
- Every evening when you go to bed, tell your body how much you appreciate what it has allowed you to do throughout the day.
- Find a method of exercise that you enjoy and do it regularly. Don't exercise to lose weight or to fight your body shape. Do it to make your body healthy and strong because it makes you feel good.
- Think back to a time in your life when you felt good about your body. Tell yourself you can feel like that again, even in this body, at this age.
- Start saying to yourself, "Life is too short to waste my time hating my body this way."
- Eat when you are hungry. Rest when you are tired. Surround yourself with people who remind you of your inner strength and beauty.
- Create a list of people you admire—people who have contributed to your life, your community, or to the world. Consider whether their appearance was important to their success and accomplishments.
- Your body is the vehicle to your dreams. Honor it. Respect it. Fuel it.
Be true, be you,