Simplify Your Daily Beauty Routine
I've had plenty of makeup artists through the years tell me what they think is best for my skin and my look—some have been on the money and others, well, let's just say they came up short. But through trial and error, I now know to stick to what I know.
Here's my daily routine:
- Clean face with gel cleanser
- Moisturize with facial moisturizer (with SPF 15)
- Blend in a light base on my face
- Add a bit of color on my brows
- Add a little contour under my cheekbones
- Dab the apples of my cheeks with MAC lip frost
- Curl my lashes with my beloved Shu Uemura curler
- Draw on the upper inside eye lid with black liner pencil
- Apply fresh black mascara
- Lastly, spread on some lip gloss
Do you think you can put on your face in 10 minutes or less? In addition to using my routine as an example, here's what I recommend to save yourself time while getting ready:
- Clean your face and moisturize at bedtime, so in the morning, all you need to apply is a base. (After a long night, I recommend throwing your face into a bowl of ice cubes the next day.)
- Keep all your makeup and brushes in one area within arm's reach so you don't waste time scouring for things.
- Find basic shades that complement your skin tone: One blusher/bronzer, one eye shadow, one or two lip shades. Your makeup should match your skin, not your outfit.
- Stick to one layer/one coat rule. Find a mascara you only need to apply once. Get an eyeshadow that has two shades (if you need to have contour.) If you have a good foundation, you probably don't need powder.
- Keep a clock in the bathroom, so you can keep tabs on your time.
Get more fashion, beauty and self-esteem advice from Emme!