Essential Hair Care for Different Hair Types
Scratching your head over your hair? Well, don't fight what your mama gave you! Instead, know your hair type, and work it with the right styling tools and products. Here's a list of hair types and the products that work best:
Wavy. Your hair is a cross between straight and curly and the strands form a loose "S" shape pattern.
- Hair solution: Use hair light hair products that enhance your curls. Lucky for you, air drying is your best bet. To maintain the waves and add shine after hair dries, rub in a little pomade.
- Hair solution: You're lucky because you don't have to brush your hair. That's right, DO NOT BRUSH YOUR HAIR otherwise you'll take the curls out. Instead, take the tangles out with your finders. And use gels and creams that enhance your curls and either air dry or use a diffuser.
- Hair solution: Use bodybuilding products and clear shampoos instead of cream shampoos because your hair is easily weighed down. With that in mind, you can skip (use cut back on) conditioner too so your hair doesn't look oily. Avoid serums and stick to sprays, but use sparingly. You can also get away without shampooing every day. Instead, you can actually use talcum powder or dry shampoos in between washes.
- Hair solution: Use products that moisturize and DO NOT BRUSH OR COMB (how convenient is that?). Use butter creams and pomades to fight frizz.
Want more hair and beauty tips? Read what supermodel Emme has to say about:
- Beauty product expiration dates
- Easy Makeup Tricks
- Makeup trends and moms
- Finding the right foundation shades for your skin tone
- (6) Ways to keep your makeup safe
- Simplifying your daily beauty routine
- Beauty on the cheap
- Finding natural skincare in your fridge
- Healthy foods for healthy skin
- Protecting your skin
- Finding the perfect haircut
- Getting the right cut at a hair salon
- Toxic cosmetic chemicals
- Green cosmetics
- Simple hair styles
- Foods for healthy hair & skin
- Achieving the smokey eye look
- Day into evening hairstyles
- Understanding your body type
- Dressing for your shape: pear, apple & hourglass figures
- Dressing for your shape: square, inverted triangle
- 10 ways to love your body
- Cleaning & organizing Your closet
- Getting the right size bra
- Choosing the right body slimmer
- Essential lingerie every woman needs
- Getting the right underwear
- Nourishing your body and soul