Smoky Eye Shadow to Sexy Up Your Look
If you need to pull off a sexy evening look but don't have a lot of time (which, for a mom, is almost always), I've got a quick trick: Instead of spending 30-40 minutes trying to blow-dry, curl and fluff your hair just so, just snatch it back in a slick ponytail. Then focus on your eyes. It takes less than 5 minutes to put on a smoky eye, for hours of drama (the good kind!). Afraid of looking like a scared raccoon? Here are the key steps to perfect that smoky eye look:
- Apply liner to your top eyelid above your lashes.
- Apply a light base shadow over your lids to your brow bone.
- Next, using an eye shadow brush (or your finger), blend in a darker gray or taupe eye color, starting at your lash line and blend upward, stopping at the crease of your eyelid.
- Blend, blend, blend. No harsh lines here!
- Top off your top lashes with a few coats of mascara.
Get more fashion, beauty and self-esteem advice from Emme!