Bicycle Ab Exercise for Parents
The bike might be pretend, but the results are real.
- Your baby
- Somewhere to lie down
- Lie on the ground with your baby on your belly or, if she's sitting up, plop her down right next to you.
- Bend one leg and place the sole of your foot on the floor.
- Extend your other leg straight out and lift it a few inches off the ground.
- Exhale and switch legs, as if pedaling a bicycle. Remember how? Of course you do ... it's like riding a bicycle.
- For inspiration think of Lance Armstrong's body. Even if you don't do this exercise, think of his body!
- Do two sets of 15, three times per week.
- After two weeks, increase to two sets of 20.
- Every two weeks, increase by five more reps.
- Toned bodies are great, but safety comes first! Practice this exercise without your baby so you can become familiar with the movement. At all times, please make sure that your baby is secure and his or her head is supported. If you have any concern or doubt about your or your baby's safety, please perform this exercise alone (or not at all!).