Healthy Summer Food Swaps
- Instead of downing a sugary Frappucino, brew some cold toddy and pour it over ice with a splash of skim milk.
- Make your own Popsicles out of 100 percent fruit juice or frozen fruit.
- Trade your kid's fruit snacks for frozen grapes or bananas.
- Sweeten iced tea with a quarter cup of orange juice instead of sugar.
- Try some sugar-free flavored waters, like Hint, instead of sugary waters and juice drinks.
- Cool off with Dairy-Free, Sugar-Free Soft Serve instead of ice cream.
- Serve homemade baked chips instead of fried ones.
- Make your own smoothies out of fruit and juice—'cause the ones you buy are often packed with sugar, ice cream and corn syrup.
- Talk with other calorie-cutting parents on the message boards!