Deciding Whether to Have More Kids
You've already got one kid, or two or three. And now you're wondering if you want to have more kids. Deciding to expand the family is a big, life-changing decision, so of course, you're obsessing over it!
Here are just a few of the issues you should consider when deciding whether or not to have more kids:
- Are you and your partner on the same page? You want another kid, but he doesn't—or vice versa. It's important that you're both on the same page before you move ahead with this new production!
- Give yourself some time. Unless you're racing your biological clock, you don't have to decide right away. And if you just had one kid, you may want to give it some time—maybe even another year or two.
- Consider your reasons. Wanting another kid just so your child can have a sibling isn't a strong enough of a reason. You've got to actually want to have another kid! And keep in mind that siblings don't always get along!
- Consider your resources. Do you have enough time/money/energy for another kid?
- Go with your gut. Does the idea of having more kids thrill you—or terrify you?!