Save Time by Running Errands From Home
Heather Gibbs Flett and Whitney Moss, authors of The Rookie Mom's Handbook: 250 Activities to Do With (and Without!) Your Baby, recommend the following online activities for when the babe's in bed:
- Pay bills: Most banks offer online account management and bill paying. Avoid those silly banker hours and manage your finances on your own time in your home!
- Buy stamps: The U.S. Postal Service's website will take stamp orders online and send them directly to your house. Same goes for the postal services in Canada, the United Kingdom and many other countries.
- Shop online for diapers and toiletries: It allows you to compare prices before you buy. Plus, you don't have to lug heavy packages.
- "Window" Shop: Ahh, yes. The allure of shopping for clothes online without dealing with crowds is a great joy to rookie moms—and it's that much better when your little one is asleep.
- Buy food: You can buy groceries online through many local and chain grocery stores that offer delivery service. It can take a few times to get it right (for example, you might accidentally buy mini-bread instead of normal bread because they look the same size in the picture on the website). But it's worth it to have someone else carry the groceries to your home!