Your Pregnancy Fetal Development: Week 41
Now that your due date has come and gone, you may be feeling, ahem, a little antsy. Many new moms go past their due date, but that fact doesn't make it any better, of course—especially since you feel like an overstuffed turkey whose timer has most definitely popped. Still, take some comfort in knowing that millions of moms have gone through the same thing. Don't despair—your baby will be here soon and she'll be very happy to see you! What You're Thinking: "Are you kidding me? Get out! Get out! Get out!"
- If you're reading this, we're guessing you're still pregnant (and we totally feel your pain, mama!). There's a chance that your due date was miscalculated (nice!) and that baby is right on time. So don't stress.
- You may be more than ready, but apparently baby isn't quite done enjoying the comfy digs you've provided him or her. And while every day you don't have your baby may seem like an eternity, he or she really will be here soon. So what's going on in there?
At this point, let's assume your to-do list has been tackled. And with all the nesting going on, your house is probably as clean as it's going to get.
- Buy a box of note cards and send them to distant family members.
- Track down an old friend just to say hi.
- Visit your grandfather.
- Donate an hour of your time to a good cause.