Natural Pregnancy Remedies for Turning Breech Babies
- Do the Breech Tilt Exercise! The goal of this exercise is to lift your hips up above your head so that gravity will help your baby flip around. Starting at 32-35 weeks, get down on the floor and plop your bum on a high stack of pillows or prop one end of an ironing board safely on the couch and lie down on it, bend your knees and keep your feet flat on board. Do this for 15 minutes, 3 times a day.
- Go Swimming! Swimming helps keep your pelvis loose, making room for the baby to shift around. You can also do a headstand in the pool (with help!) to try and get the baby to move.
- Picture It! Another good (if not a little out there) natural pregnancy remedy believed to help turn a baby is visualization. Lie down and imagine the baby moving into the head-down position. Some people believe that the baby will respond to your intentions. If it works, know that this will probably be the last time that your kid does what you want him to do!
- Play Music! Crank up some of your favorite tunes on some headphones and place them at the bottom of your belly. Some say the baby will move towards the music.
- Shine Some Light on It!
- Get a flashlight and hold it against the bottom of your belly. Working on the same theory as the music technique, people believe the baby will move towards the light.
- Bust Out the Herbs! Moxibustion is an ancient Chinese natural pregnancy remedy believed to move breech babies. You burn a Moxi or Moxa stick (a tightly rolled stick of leaves from the Chinese herb mugwort) near a special point next to your baby toe. Talk to a midwife if you're interested in this technique. And be forewarned, it's super stinky!