Stressed out? What pregnant lady isn't? Pregnancy is a magical time, but it's also fraught with stressors—both physical and mental. And unfortch, you can't take a soak in a super hot tub or have a glass (or three!) of vino to chill out. But don't worry! There are lots of natural pregnancy remedies to combat stress that you can
- Vitamin B! Vitamin B is called the "stress-relieving vitamin" because it's known to have a calming effect on your mood and help to regulate the bod's response to stress. You can take a multivitamin containing vitamin B, or try eating a banana. They're high in vitamin B. For an extra mood boost, try one frozen and dipped in chocolate. If anyone asks about the chocolate, blame it on the baby.
- Exercise! Working out burns stress chemicals, like cortisol and norepinephrine and releases endorphins (natures "happy pills") into the system. So no matter how huge you're feeling, get your bootie up and get moving! You'll be happy you did
- Massage! Massage is a great natural pregnancy remedy for stress. It relaxes and soothes both your stressed muscles and mood. So go on, book a spa day. You'll never have an excuse this good again!
- Breathing! There's nothing like some deep inhaling and exhaling to melt stress away. So go ahead
and out. This is also a good one to practice for when the baby comes. You're going to need to do a LOT of deep breathing then!
- Acupuncture! One of the oldest natural pregnancy remedies, acupuncture has long been believed to lower stress and is generally considered safe during pregnancy. Just make sure you go to a practitioner who knows what she's doing. Some acupuncture points can send you into labor! A good thing when you're 40 weeks, not so great when you're 20!