Natural Pregnancy Remedies: Meditation & Labor
If you want to use meditation during labor, it's best to start while you're preggers. As with practically all things, practice makes perfect! There are many different mediation methods, so you may want to try a bunch and see which one works for you!
Here's a basic form of mediation you can try at home:
- To get started, find a quiet, calm place to sit or lay down.
- You can close your eyes, or focus on a spot in the room.
- Become aware of your breath. Let it go in and out naturally. Try to focus on your breath so that your mind calms down and stops running through your to-do list!
- Let your thoughts flow through your mind. Try not to judge your thoughts as good ("I'm growing a beautiful baby inside of me!") or bad ("Ugh, I'm as big as a whale!").
- If you're prepping for something like labor, you may want to visualize a pain-free, positive experience when you meditate. That way, when the real deal comes, you'll have a positive association with the experience logged in your brain!
If you get a solid meditation practice in place before you go into labor, it can be a great natural pregnancy remedy and tool to control your labor pains.