Ginger is nature's secret weapon against nausea, but gnawing on a piece of it isn't tasty. Luckily, tossing it in pancakes is. By the way, when you're pregnant, it's perfectly acceptable to eat pancakes for breakfast, lunch and dinner.
- pancake mix (the "just add water" kind)
- 1 tablespoon ground ginger
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 tablespoon powdered sugar
- ½ tablespoon cinnamon
- Prepare pancake mix according to directions on package for 4 to 6 servings.
- Add ginger, vanilla and cinnamon to batter and gently blend in.
- Do not overmix; it will result in tough pancakes.
- Cook pancakes on medium-high heat on skillet.
- Top with light margarine and powdered sugar and cinnamon mixture.
- Ginger cakes can also be topped with assorted berries and light whipped topping for a yummy alternative. Or a bottle of syrup mixed with chocolate sauce topped with pickles. Whatever you fancy.