Grapefruit Thyme Roasted Chicken
Good news: This meal won't give you swollen feet! And the grapefruit and thyme ensure that this low-salt recipe is not low on flava.
- 1 roasting chicken
- 1 grapefruit, quartered
- 1 lemon, quartered
- 6 sprigs fresh thyme
- 6 cloves garlic
- 2 tbsp lemon pepper
- Heat oven to 350° F.
- Place chicken on a roasting pan.
- Stuff with grapefruit, lemon, thyme and garlic.
- Sprinkle liberally with lemon pepper.
- Bake for 1 ½ to 2 hours, until the chicken has reached an internal temperature of 180°.
- Make sure the lemon pepper does not contain sodium, or is low in sodium.