Chicken Balsamic Bake
Still suffering from heartburn? Here's a delicious meal that can help...and it's low in fat and rich in protein, too.
- 1 pound of boneless skinless chicken breast
- ¼ cup balsamic vinegar
- 1 tbsp Dijon mustard
- 2 tbsp brown sugar
- 1 tbsp light soy sauce
- asparagus spears, trimmed
- Heat oven to 350 degrees.
- Spray 13-inch x 9-inch baking dish with cooking spray.
- In small bowl, whisk balsamic vinegar, Dijon mustard, brown sugar and soy sauce.
- Lay single layer of asparagus on bottom of dish; place breasts on top of asparagus spears.
- Brush balsamic glaze over entire chicken breasts.
- Bake for 30 minutes or until chicken is fully cooked.
- Slice up leftover chicken and serve cold on a bed of fresh baby spinach (rich in folate!) and top it with a light vinaigrette.