Shrimp Brown Fried Rice
This balanced one-dish meal can easily be frozen for after baby comes, which is a good thing, as mom cannot live on takeout alone.
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 2 tbsp olive oil, divided
- ½ cup onion, finely chopped
- 1 lb frozen peeled/deveined shrimp, chopped into bite-sized pieces
- 4 cups leftover brown rice, cold
- ¼ cup light soy sauce
- Scramble the eggs in a skillet on medium heat, and then set aside.
- Add 1 tablespoon olive oil to skillet and stir-fry onion and shrimp until shrimp becomes slightly pink, then set aside.
- Add remainder of olive oil and brown rice to skillet and stir-fry until lightly browned.
- Fold in eggs, onion/shrimp mixture and soy sauce.
- Stir-fry for 2 minutes.
- Serve immediately.
- Make as much as you can, then separate into portions and freeze in shallow, freezer-safe containers for future "instant meals."