Pregnancy Symptoms: Headaches
Here are 10 ways to curb pregnancy headache symptoms:
- Take Safe Meds! Acetaminophen is usually OK to take when you've got a bun in the oven, but you should avoid aspirin and ibuprofen. And make sure to talk to your OB before taking any medication when you're pregnant.
- Eat and Drink Well! To stave off headaches, make sure you stay hydrated and eat frequent small meals.
- Get Plenty of Rest! Tiredness can cause headaches, so make sure you take naps and get plenty of rest at night while you're preggy.
- Walk it Out! Studies show regular exercise (even a brisk walk) can curb tension headaches.
- Pin Down the Cause! Keep track of your pregnancy symptoms with a log of what you eat and drink for a week or so. You may find that every time you down your fave Chinese food, you end up with a pounding head. Certain foods like and chemicals, like MSG, sulfites, artificial sweeteners, dairy and chocolate (big bummer on that one!) are common headache causes.
- Get a Massage! Like you need an excuse for this one! Getting a nice relaxing rub down can do wonders for tension headaches.
- Do Yoga! Breathing and stretching and doing yoga poses can really put the kibosh on a pounding head ... not to mention give you a perky tush in the process!
Wanna read more? We have loads more pregnancy info on our pregnancy page!