If you're one of the (un)lucky 50 to 80 percent of pregnant women that suffers from pregnancy morning sickness, we've got your back! Here are 6 easy, natural ways to keep the pukes away!
- Don't drink with meals! Still feeling barfy after breakfast? (And lunch? And dinner?) Make your mealtime beverage an after-dinner drink—in the non-alcoholic sense. Rather than drinking liquids with your meal, wait half an hour before chugging down that Big Gulp. Something about the food/drink combo swirling in your stomach instigates upchucking. Graphic, huh? Like you weren't queasy enough already.
- Eat right away! Keep a stash of crackers by your bed so you can stuff a few in your mouth before you even lift your head off the pillow. Keeping your belly full at all times can do wonders to combat pregnancy morning sickness. You want to start your day as un-nauseous as possible, if possible!
- Avoid greasy food! We know all you want to eat is a big fat greasy burger these days (actually, forget the burger, you'd like the whole cow!), but as appealing as it sounds, greasy food will only make your pregnancy morning sickness worse. So it's best to stick to less greasy alternatives, like bread and pasta. Hey, on the plus side you've finally got a legit excuse to carb load!
- Take ginger! Ginger—whether in a tea, pill or root form—is a great natural morning sickness cure! It's been used for centuries to help preggy ladies keep their food down and turns out those ancients knew what they were talking about! Ginger has been proven to help quell pukiness in four double-blind randomized clinical studies.
- Eat small meals! Sure, you might want to eat like a linebacker now that you're on your way to weighing as much as one, but eating more frequent, small meals will be a lot easier on your tummy than downing a huge meal all at once.
- Wear wrist bands! Acupressure wrist bands typically worn for seasickness have been known to help with preggysickness as well. They put pressure on an acupuncture point called "pericardium 6" and many say can make you feel better instantly!