4 Ways to Prevent Pregnancy Nausea
In the meantime, there are some things you can do to make yourself feel less nauseous:
- Eat the second you wake up! Have a stash of crackers on your bedside table and pop one in your mouth before you even sit up!
- Eat small, frequent meals! Don't go for ages between meals and then pig out. Keeping a little food in your belly all day will help you feel less nauseous.
- Try drinking ginger tea. It's a centuries-old pregnancy nausea remedy that really helps!
- Wear one of those anti-nausea bands around your wrist (you know, the kind that prevent seasickness). It presses on an acupressure point to prevent pregnancy nausea. It may look a bit dorky, but puke on your shoes looks even more dorky!
- Talk to your doc about taking a high dose of vitamin D. Usually 10 to 25 mg three times a day does the trick!
- Avoid any smells, foods, activities (or people, LOL!) that make you feel like barfing. (Hopefully your mother in law isn't on that list!)
- Stick to bland foods. Avoid very greasy or spicy stuff. It might taste good going down, but on the way up ...
- Take your prenatal vitamins with food. Your stomach will, um, stomach them better if they're not taken alone.