Stroller Side Squat Postpartum Exercise
Side-step your way to toned thighs and tush.
- Your kid
- Your stroller
- Get your kid strapped into his stroller.
- Stand with your left side toward the stroller and your left hand on the stroller handle.
- Stand with your feet hip's width apart in a deep squat, and get your knees lined up with your ankles. (You should be able to see your toes. Hi, toes!)
- Step your right foot out to the side, then use the strength of your left leg to stand up as you step your right foot back to its original position.
- When you step out to the side, go deep into the squat and use your lead leg to pull you out of the squat and back up. Keep your abdominals engaged the whole time.
- After 15 steps, turn around and repeat on the other side.
- Recite all the ballet terms you learned when you were four or hum the tune to the Nutcracker in your head as you work your way through the reps.
- Do these two times per week for the first two weeks, then increase to three times per week for another two weeks.
- Increase your steps by five every 2 weeks. Got it?
- Toned bodies are great, but safety comes first! Practice this exercise without your child so you can become familiar with the movement. If you have any concern or doubt about your or your child's safety, please perform this exercise alone (or not at all!).