Torso Twists Postpartum Exercise
Twist (and shout) your way to tighter abs.
- Your kid
- A ball
- Somewhere to sit
- Sit on the ground and place your kid between your legs. Make a playpen with your legs by bringing the soles of your feet together so your exercise partner can't escape!
- Lower your torso to about a 45° angle. (That's about the same angle as a good-sized slice of cheesecake. But we digress…)
- Hold the ball in your hands and extend your arms out in front of you, twist your torso to the right, and when you can't twist any further, tap the ball on the ground beside your hip.
- Lift the ball to shoulder height again, and repeat the exercise on your left.
- Don't forget to breathe!
- Do 15 on each side daily for the first two weeks, then increase to 20 on each side for the next two weeks.
- Every two weeks, try to add five more reps to your sets.
- Toned bodies are great, but safety comes first! Practice this exercise without your child so you can become familiar with the movement. If you have any concern or doubt about your or your child's safety, please perform this exercise alone (or not at all!).