Reclined Ab March Postpartum Exercise
March your abs back into shape.
- Your baby
- Somewhere to lie down
- Lie down on your back.
- Place your baby on your belly, and put your feet flat on the ground with knees bent.
- Tighten your abdominals, slowly bring one foot about six inches off the floor and then return it to the ground and repeat with the other foot—like you're marching.
- March your feet for one minute then rest.
- Try again for another minute.
- It's important to keep your abs tight the whole time the legs are moving.
- And don't forget to breathe.
- Repeat this exercise three times per week in one-minute intervals.
- After two weeks, continue the exercise for two minutes each time.
- If you're just starting to work on your post-baby body, be kind to yourself! (And don't be afraid to buy some cute new workout wear, either!)
- Toned bodies are great, but safety comes first! Practice this exercise without your baby so you can become familiar with the movement. At all times, please make sure that your baby is secure and his or her head is supported. If you have any concern or doubt about your or your baby's safety, please perform this exercise alone (or not at all!).