Scissor Kicks Postpartum Exercise
Snip, snip, snip your way to a tight, tone belly.
- Your baby
- Somewhere to lie down(other than your bed!)
- Lie on the ground with your baby on your belly.
- Extend both legs straight up toward the sky.
- As you lower one leg toward the ground, keep the other straight up while tightening down on your abdominals.
- Then switch legs.
- Don't forget to breathe.
- We'd tell you to make faces to entertain your baby, but chances are you're going to be making some really funny faces when you start to feel the burn!
- Do two sets of 15, three times per week.
- After two weeks, increase to two sets of 20.
- Every two weeks, increase by five more reps.
- Toned bodies are great, but safety comes first! Practice this exercise without your baby so you can become familiar with the movement. At all times, please make sure that your baby is secure and his or her head is supported. If you have any concern or doubt about your or your baby's safety, please perform this exercise alone (or not at all!).