Forearm Plank Core Training Postpartum Exercise
It's a twofer! Tighten your core as you entertain your kid.
- Your baby
- Somewhere to lie down
- Get on all fours with either hands or elbows on the ground and your baby on her back beneath you.
- With either feet or knees on the ground, lower your rear to create a straight line with your torso and legs. Shoulders, hips and heels should all be in line.
- Contract your abs.
- Hold for 15 seconds. (Talk amongst yourselves.)
- You'll begin to notice increased core strength—and possibly that your baby is an amazing conversationalist!
- Do this exercise twice daily.
- After two weeks, increase the hold time to 30 seconds.
- Every two weeks, increase your hold time by 15 seconds.
- Toned bodies are great, but safety comes first! Practice this exercise without your baby so you can become familiar with the movement. If you have any concern or doubt about your or your baby's safety, please perform this exercise alone (or not at all!).