Wall Sit Postpartum Exercise
An exercise you don't have to take standing up.
- Your baby
- A wall
- A front carrier
- With baby strapped into a front carrier, put your back up against a sturdy wall and slide down into a wall-sit as if there was a chair there … but there's not. No cheating!
- Ankles should be directly under the knees and shoulder blades pressed against the wall.
- Tighten the abdominals and hold the position for a count of 15.
- Rest. (Trust us.)
- Continue to lengthen the amount of time spent in position each time.
- Hold for 15 seconds, twice daily.
- After two weeks, increase the hold time to 30 seconds.
- Every two weeks, increase your hold time by 15 seconds.
- Toned bodies are great, but safety comes first! Practice this exercise without your baby so you can become familiar with the movement. If you have any concern or doubt about your or your baby's safety, please perform this exercise alone (or not at all!).