Cobra Yoga Pose Postpartum Exercise
A pose to streeeeeetch and strengthen your back.
- Your kid
- Somewhere to lay down. (But not your bed. Sorry.)
- Lay on your belly with kid in front of you.
- Tighten your core and glutes, then push your torso up with your arms. Grrrunt!
- Hold for 15 seconds. Give your kid the best "om" you got! If she's really into cows, say "moo," instead.
- Return back down and repeat.
- You'll notice strength and flexibility benefits from this one. You might even notice a little bit more inner peace. Namaste.
- Try this exercise twice a day.
- After two weeks, increase the hold to 20 seconds.
- Add five seconds to the hold every two weeks.
- Toned bodies are great, but safety comes first! Practice this exercise without your child so you can become familiar with the movement. At all times, please make sure that your child is secure and his or her head is supported. If you have any concern or doubt about your or your child's safety, please perform this exercise alone (or not at all!).