Baby Shoulder Press Postpartum Exercise
Use baby as the cutest set of "weights" around!
- Your baby
- Hold onto baby and sit down on a sturdy chair.
- Tighten your abdominals and raise your baby above you, to about the height of your face.
- Gently and slowly push baby up over your head, and then return her to face height.
- Give baby kisses with every rep. But try not to get carried away snuggling your kid. You've got work to do, mama!
- As your baby gains weight, you'll be gaining shoulder strength.
- Do two sets of 15, three times per week.
- After two weeks increase to two sets of 20.
- Every two weeks increase by five.
- Toned bodies are great, but safety comes first! Practice this exercise without your baby so you can become familiar with the movement. At all times please make sure that your baby is secure and her head is supported. If you have any concern or doubt about your or your baby's safety, please perform this exercise without her (or not at all!)