Buoyant Baby Postpartum Shoulder Exercise
Lift your baby up and down to build shoulder strength and bonus: make your wee one smile.
- Your baby
- Sit on a sturdy chair with baby held out in front of you on your lap, elbows slightly bent.
- Tighten your abs and raise baby to about shoulder height.
- Slowly return baby to the start position.
- Singing makes it more fun for baby, but she'll understand if you're too pooped to perform.
- As your baby grows, so will the strength in your shoulders—not to mention your wardrobe with all those new dresses you're buying to show off your post-baby bod!
- Do two sets of 15, three times per week.
- After two weeks increase to two sets of 20.
- Every two weeks, increase by five.
- Toned bodies are great, but safety comes first! Practice this exercise without your baby so you can become familiar with the movement. At all times, please make sure that your baby is secure and his or her head is supported. If you have any concern or doubt about your or your baby's safety, please perform this exercise alone (or not at all!).