Ab-Building Arm Lift Postpartum Exercise
You don't have to crunch your way to perfect abs—try this arm lift instead.
- Your baby
- Sit on the ground with knees bent and feet flat on the ground. Baby can be in the car seat, bouncy seat, exersaucer or on the floor, playing.
- Tighten your abdominals and lower your torso to about a 45-degree angle. Your spine should remain neutral (just like you when the kids are arguing).
- Slowly raise your arms up toward your ears, one at a time. Only go as high as you can—once the spine starts to curve, you've gone too far.
- Return back to your starting point.
- The longer you hold the arms up overhead, the more difficult this exercise is. Go ahead, challenge yourself!
- Do two sets of 15, three times per week.
- After two weeks, increase to two sets of 20.