Hamstring Curl Postpartum Exercise
Kick up your heels (literally) to train and tone your hamstrings.
- Your baby
- Stand with feet about shoulder-width apart, knees bent, abs tight and shoulder blades pulled back and down.
- Hold your baby close to your torso and slowly raise one heel toward your rear, squeezing your hamstrings and glutes.
- Give your baby's cheeks a little peck while you're squeezing yours!
- Hold that balance for a few seconds and then return foot back to the ground.
- Switch legs and repeat.
- If you find it difficult to balance, stand near a chair or counter for stability.
- Do two sets of 15, three times per week.
- After two weeks, increase to two sets of 20.
- Increase by five every two weeks.
- Toned bodies are great, but safety comes first! Practice this exercise without your baby so you can become familiar with the movement. At all times please make sure that your baby is secure and her head is supported. If you have any concern or doubt about your or your baby's safety, please perform this exercise without her (or not at all!)