Alternating Arm & Leg Lift Postpartum Exercise
Canoodle with baby as you whip your back into shape.
- Your baby
- A mat or towel
- Get on all fours with baby resting on her back gazing up at you.
- Tighten down your abdominals as you raise and extend your right arm and left leg.
- Hold position for a count of five, release and switch sides.
- Breathe deeply and smile for your little cutie!
- Hold position for a count of five, release and switch sides; continue for one minute. Try this one-minute drill daily for two weeks, and then increase the time to one and a half minutes.
- Make silly faces at your baby to get her engaged—although she might think your "work-out" face is kind of silly anyway!
- Wear something low-cut to show off your fabulously toned back.
- This exercise will also strengthen both your glutes and your abdominals.
- Toned bodies are great, but safety comes first! Practice this exercise without your baby so you can become familiar with the movement. If you have any concern or doubt about your or your baby's safety, please perform this exercise alone (or not at all!).