Baby Bench Press Postpartum Exercise
Use baby as a barbell to pump up your pecs.
- Your baby
- Somewhere to lie down
- Lie on your back with knees bent, feet flat on the ground and barbell... er, baby resting on your chest.
- Tighten your abs, breathe and slowly raise your baby up toward the ceiling, tightening your chest as you complete the move.
- Keep elbows slightly bent as you extend arms.
- Return back to start position.
- Do two sets of 15, three times per week.
- After two weeks increase to two sets of 20.
- Every two weeks increase by five.
- As your baby grows, so will the strength in your chest.
- Toned bodies are great, but safety comes first! Practice this exercise without your baby so you can become familiar with the movement. At all times please make sure that your baby is secure and her head is supported. If you have any concern or doubt about your or your baby's safety, please perform this exercise without her (or not at all!)