Chest Stretch Postpartum Exercise
Give your hunched-over shoulders some TLC.
- Your kid
- Your stroller
- Strap your kid all nice and safe into her stroller and then lock it in place. (Make sure it has a good locking system!)
- Turn away from the stroller and place both hands on the handle behind you.
- Keeping knees soft and abdominals tight, open the shoulders to give your chest a nice 10-second stretch. Only stretch to the point of tension, not pain.
- Hold for 10 seconds, two to three times daily.
- Increase the hold time by five seconds each week.
- Toned bodies are great, but safety comes first! Practice this exercise without your child so you can become familiar with the movement. If you have any concern or doubt about your or your child's safety, please perform this exercise alone (or not at all!).