Modified Push-Ups Postpartum Exercise
Try these easy (OK, easier) pushups.
- Your kid
- A bench, table or low wall
- Place hands on a bench, table or low wall and extend legs out behind you.
- Tighten the abdominals as you descend into a push-up. Only go as far down as you can.
- Return to start position and impress yourself by doing it again, and again.
- Don't forget to brace your tummy and breathe!
- Do two sets of 10, two times per week.
- After two weeks, increase your reps by five.
- Push-ups are fantastic for gaining shoulder strength (for kid carrying) and muscle definition (for swimsuit season).