Hip Lift Postpartum Exercise
Hip with having tighter abs? We are!
- Your kid
- Your stroller
- A place to lay down
- Strap your child all nice and safe into his stroller.
- Lock your stroller and lay down in front of it with your head towards the front wheel. (Ensure any passersby that it's an exercise and not a mommy protest.)
- Bend both knees, feet flat on the ground and reach overhead to hold onto the front wheel of the stroller.
- Bring your feet and knees up toward the stroller, lifting your glutes off the ground.
- Keep your abdominals tight and breathe as you return to starting position.
- You'll start to see a toner and leaner belly—but all your kid will see is your feet!
- Start with two sets of 10 daily for the first two weeks, then increase to 20 on each side for the next two weeks.
- Every two weeks, try to add five more to your sets.
- Toned bodies are great, but safety comes first! Practice this exercise without your child so you can become familiar with the movement. If you have any concern or doubt about your or your child's safety, please perform this exercise without her (or not at all!)