Peekaboo Push-Ups Postpartum Exercise
An exercise to turn your triceps from flab to fab.
- Your kid
- The kitchen counter
- A few snacks(For the kid, mama. For the kid.)
- Get your kid a snack and sit her comfortably in her chair.
- Stand with feet wider than shoulder width.
- Place hands on the edge of your kitchen counter slightly wider that shoulder width apart.
- As you descend into the push-up, keep your elbows along the sides of your body, engaging triceps, too.
- Extend the arms and come back up into your starting position.
- Don't forget to breathe and keep your belly tight!
- If your child finishes her snack, get her another and keep on working out. If she's eating something healthy (apple slices, whole wheat pretzels, hard boiled egg whites!?), feel free to take a nibble for energy.
- Start with two sets of eight for two weeks.
- As your strength increases, change to two sets of 12, three times per week.
- This is a great exercise for both the chest (and we all know what that's been through) and toning the back of the arms.